BOARD OF DIRECTORS APPLICATION 2020-2022
ARE YOU READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN DETROIT?
Detroit Speaks is currently seeking dedicated board members for 2020-2022. You have received this board application because you have been recommended by an individual associated with Detroit Speaks, or you have been identified as someone in our community that we would like to explore for a potential new board member position.
Joining our board is not only a commitment to our organizational mission, but to the youth that we serve. This application is just the beginning of the process in becoming a new board member. Informational interviews may also be steps of the process. Ensuring that Detroit Speaks is a good fit for you and you for us is crucial in quality board development and the overall success of our organization.
● Participation in quarterly phone calls/check-ins with Executive Director/CVO.
● Participate in annual planning meeting. (December)
● Attend a minimum of four events per calendar year.
● $500 annual financial/fundraising commitment.
● Utilization of personal networks and connections to achieve organizational goals.
● Provide advisement, feedback, and accountability to the Executive Director/CVO.
● Uphold the organizational bylaws of Detroit Speaks, Inc.
● Have fun and make a positive impact on our youth in Metro-Detroit!
be the change.